As we are sure you will have seen, the weather reports are predicting that there may be some significant snowfall towards the end of this week.
Further to our letter last week, we will aim to keep the school open but if we do have to close we would like to take this opportunity to share our plans regarding this.
We will monitor the weather on Thursday and make a decision at lunchtime regarding closing times for that day. If we do have significant snow fall which would impact the safety of our school community travelling home, we will communicate an early closing time to parents and carers via text message and email, a notification on the school website and the Southampton City Council’s school closure page.
If you are unable to collect your child straight away, we will have sufficient staff on site to ensure their continued safety and those children remaining; can be collected from the school hall as soon as you are able.
Children who would normally attend Tiger Club would also need to be collected if the school needed to close.
We have taken the decision to cancel all after school clubs on Thursday and Friday of this week as a number of these take place outside. We felt that communicating this early would be beneficial so that alternative collection arrangements can be made where needed.
Please ensure we have your most up to date telephone numbers and email address as we use all available methods to communicate these messages to you.